Enforces pertinent rules and regulations to promote safe aquatic environment and prevent accidents. Provides lifesaving, rescue and emergency care of accident victims. Work is performed under immediate supervision with exercise of judgment in accordance with established policies, procedures and techniques. This position is a temporary seasonal summer position.
*Preference given for applicants available for entire summer season. Work hours include nights, weekends and holidays as needed for program operation.Examples of Duties
- Strictly but courteously enforce all pool rules and regulations.
- Constantly alert and ready to assist swimmers in trouble or involved in accidents in the water or on the deck.
- Performs with extreme prudence, emergency service by rescuing, resuscitating or administering first aid as required.
- Attends mandatory in-service trainings and perform all lifesaving skills as required.
- Assists in maintaining the pool, deck, and entire facility in a safe and sanitary condition by performing tasks as requested by the Pool Manager(s) or his/her supervisors.
- Maintains order in the pool facility, foresee possible trouble and take necessary steps to prevent accidents.
- Provides good customer service to all pool patrons and fellow employees in the performance of duties.
- Periodically check the bathrooms and pool grounds for trash and clean up as needed.
- Performs opening duties and closing duties as assigned.
- Assists with swim lesson program.
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Experience and Training: Must be 15 years or older Certificates and Licenses Required
Required: Current Lifeguard Certification in American Red Cross lifeguard training, First Aid and CPR. – will consider other agencies certifications on a case by case basis.
Please Note: Current Lifeguard Certification must be uploaded with your application. If you took the Lifeguard Certification course with City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation, the City has the certification on file, no need to upload certification.